[syslinux] pxelinux.0 bug

Greg Sheu gregsheu at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 15:14:31 PDT 2004

Hi:
   I use this driver to set up my Fedora Core 1 as a PXE server. After I successfully boot up from network in my laptop, it erases my Intel PXE boot manager from my laptop's BIOS. The BIOS of my laptop has an option to choose form "boot from ethernet", but it is gone after I use this driver. Now I have to reflash my laptop's BIOS and Intel PXE boot manager ROM to make it come back. My laptop is Compaq Armada M300 with version 2 of Intel PXE boot manager. It doesn't have CD-ROM or floppy drive, that's why I copy your driver to set up my own Linux PXE server to install Fedora in my laptop. But it seems not good to see that the ROM has been erased and I didn't have a successful installation.