[syslinux] tftp-hpa server hooks to external programs

Martin Sunstrum msunstrum at aksysnetworks.com
Fri Jul 30 09:13:19 PDT 2004

Hello tftp-hpa community,

I am trying to locate a tftp server that I can integrate with an external
program/database application, and was wondering if tftp-hpa might have the
capability I am looking for.

Upon the tftp server receiving a read request, and before it sending a read
request reply, I would like to communicate to an external program (and/or
database). In real-time, the external program may or may not place the
requested file into the TFTP server directory. The purpose is to dynamically
place files into the TFTP server location only based on certain database
criteria being met.

In addition, when a file is transferred from the TFTP server directory, the
ability to know the status of the transfer would be desired.

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Martin Sunstrum
msunstrum at aksysnetworks.com