[syslinux] memdisk etherboot integration

Gordon Dey gordon.dey at fidus.ca
Wed Jun 16 08:08:20 PDT 2004

On June 15, 2004 07:16 pm, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Gordon Dey wrote:
[edited]
> > I've used etherboot to create a zrom that successfully brings a image of
> > a bootable floppy into high memory. What I'd like to do is glue memdisk
> As far as Etherboot is concerned, memdisk is a kernel image.  Unfortunately

Ah.
I'm trying to punt around that by having memdisk part of etherboot, so the
transferred image doesn't have to have stuff pre-pended to it, or be altered
at all. I can prove that the mbr part of the image in high mem is identical
to what a pcbios_disk_read(0,0,0,1) puts in 0x7c00, but it's the gluing
business I'm struggling with at the moment.

73, Gord.