[syslinux] SYSLINUX works on more than 'floppy' media

Alex Pavloff apavloff at esatechnology.com
Wed Mar 3 09:58:26 PST 2004

Hi folks,

I hit the syslinux homepage for the first time in a while.  The stuff
just works, so there's no reason to come to the website, eh? :)

Anyway, the first line is "The SYSLINUX Project covers lightweight
bootloaders for floppy media (SYSLINUX)", and I think that this needs to
be expanded a bit.  I use SYSLINUX on CompactFlash, and it works great
because together with loopback file systems, its possible to put an
entire linux system onto a stock FAT-formatted CompactFlash without
reformatting it and losing Windows-access capability.

So I'd just like to point out that SYSLINUX would be better described
now as a lightweight bootloader for removable media.

Just my $0.03.

Alex Pavloff - apavloff at esatechnology.com
ESA Technology ---- www.esatechnology.com
------- Linux-based industrial HMI ------