[syslinux] ISOLinux and OpenBSD?

ganapathy murali krishnan gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 17 12:51:08 PST 2004

That worked! Instead of typing

"memdisk initrd=openbsd.img", if I type "openbsd.img" then it works and
drops me into the boot prompt.

So I guess this might qualify as a bug-report for memdisk. Would be
interesting to see what BIOS does but memdisk doesn't.

A successful example
--------------------------------
boot: openbsd.img
reading boot......
probing: pc0 apm mem[633K 126M a20=on]
disk: fd0
 >> OpenBSD/i386 BOOT 2.02
boot>

A failed example
-----------------------
boot: memdisk initrd=openbsd.img
Ready.
MEMDISK 2.08 <snip>
<snip e20 details>
Ramdisk at 0x07e60000, length 0x00168000
command line: initrd=openbsd.img BOOT_IMAGE=memdisk
Disk is floppy, 1440 K, C/H/S = 80/2/18
Total size needed = 1455 bytes, allocating 2K
old dos memory at 0x9f400 (map says 0x9f400), loading at 0x9ec00
1588: 0xffff 15E801: 0x3c00 0x06e6
INT 13 08: Failure, assuming this is the only drive   # Yes, there are
no floppy drives on this system
old: int13 = e23f780d int15 = f000f859
new: int13 = 9ec00008 int 15 = 9ec00272
reading boot......