[syslinux] Supporting WinImage compressed images

Blaauw,Bernd B. B.Blaauw at student.fontys.nl
Thu Mar 25 14:14:27 PST 2004

Patrick,
have you seen the "how to pass paramters from Syslinux to DOS images" thread?
this mailinglist mentioned it first, and I paid attention :)

http://www.911cd.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5706

HPA,
any chance for MDISKCHK to put the "CMDline=" line as first output?
should not be so difficult for me but first have to figure out OpenWatCOM packages and setup.

putting that line as first output would avoid putting the FIND program on bootdisk and thus save precious diskspace. (MDISKCHK | FIND "CMDLINE" > TEMP.BAT)

MDISKCHK > temp.bat
call temp.bat
(which will contain CMDLINE "rest-of-output" and when invoked execute cmdline command, here represented by cmdline.bat

cmdline.bat:
@echo off
rem put last commandline parameters passed to memdisk into variable.
set param=%6
goto %param%
rem rest of batchfile

freedos emm386 also seems almost usable by now.

Bernd Blaauw