[syslinux] problem and maybe bug in 2.08 and later with vmware 4.5.1

Peter Skogström peter.skogstrom at bitrunner.com
Wed Mar 31 15:31:33 PST 2004

I found a problem with pxelinux in 2.08 and 2.09pre13 when working with
vmware 4.5.1 (the latest with builtin support fpr pxe-boot). With 2.07 and
2.01 it works without problems. But when trying the later versions there is
trouble. I reach pxeboot.msg
and it shows fine but when I try to choose an image it dosent give keyboard
feedback (first I thought it had hanged) but after some testing it showed
that it just dont give direct feedback until 300 sek (aprox) has gone. If I
have made a correct choice, for example
number 4 and return. After 300 sekunds the choice is showed and the loading
start and finsishes without problem.
Some real delays occuring here.

regards
//Peter