[syslinux] alternatives to memdisk for use with pxelinux?

2boxers 2boxers at comcast.net
Wed May 19 02:43:54 PDT 2004

First off, Thank you for pxelinux.  It works as expected and for my needs it
is a most useful project.

I apologize in advance for posting this question as it is in part off topic,
but I have searched extensively with little results.

Are there any alternatives to memdisk for use with pxelinux for booting
troublesome floppy images with such applications that fail to use INT 15h,
AX=E820h.

Having spent some time experimenting with diskemu's diskem1x.bin and
cdshell's implementation of diskemu as a module for use with bootable
cdroms, I have seen memdisk and diskemu work from a common loader as
alternative kernels for booting floppy images (for use with bootable
cd-rom).

Is anybody aware of a diskemu kernel or alternative kernel to memdisk that
might provide another method for booting floppy images with such
"non-conformant" applications as DocMemory for use with pxelinux?

In a nutshell, I am looking for:
#pxelinux.cfg file
label docmem
   # kernel memdisk