[syslinux] I installed tfpt-hpa

McMahon, Chris chris.mcmahon at verint.com
Fri May 28 13:14:44 PDT 2004

Hi...

I'm interested to find out how many people are running tftp-hpa versus
atftpd.
  I'm almost a bit surprised in how many people seem to be using
tftp-hpa; for modern Unix systems (including Linux), I would in general
assume atftpd to be a better choice.

If you have tried both and specifically chosen (as opposed to "it was
already installed", etc.) I'd be interested in why.

	I'm running tftp-hpa on FreeBSD, because I needed the "tsize"
option, and FreeBSD 4.8 tftpd does not support that.  I don't know if
tftpd ever got that feature.  tftp-hpa is in the FreeBSD ports
collection.
	The good folks at the University of Utah hipped me to tftp-hpa:
http://www.emulab.net/index.php3, http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/ .
	-Chris