[syslinux] PXELinux and Mess-DOS

Jack Daniel Kelly u4112456 at anu.edu.au
Thu Nov 11 01:28:28 PST 2004

Hi,

Quoting the memdisk.doc:

Similarly, if you're booting DOS over the network using PXELINUX, you
can use the "keeppxe" option and use the generic PXE (UNDI) NDIS
network driver, which is part of the PROBOOT.EXE distribution from
Intel:

Does anyone know what this means? It sounds like a generic network driver
for DOS exists. I have a copy of the PROBOOT.EXE, but I can't work it out.
If this is what I think it is, has anyone made it go or even better, made
a version that works with Bart's ModBoot network disk?
(www.nu2.nu/bootdisk)

Thanks in advance,
Jack Kelly