[syslinux] Boot from CD -> system + data on USB storage

Thomas Schlosser tschloss at web.de
Fri Nov 12 01:48:26 PST 2004

Hi,
I am looking for a solution to boot MY system on any PC.

To store most of the system and all of my data I want to use an USB
storage (in my case an external USB harddisk (2.0 capable)).
Since booting off an USB device is not an universal thing I would prefer
to have a boot disk with a minimal system - just enough to load most
(all?) of the system from the attached USB device.

Is this an easy thing - are there ready to use solutions out there?

Thanks in advance.

--
Greetings from Mannheim/Germany