[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.12-pre1 released: initial libcom32 release

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Nov 16 23:07:47 PST 2004

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have released SYSLINUX 2.12-pre1.  This version has an initial version
> of libcom32, a small C library based on klibc for writing com32 programs
> in C.  It is far from perfect yet, but it should be a lot easier to use
> than hand-coding everything.
>
> As usual, find this stuff in:
>
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/

I should probably add that the device model is hacky and probably will
change at least some.

Currently, the way to open a non-file is to call opendev() with a
constant defined in <console.h>.  I'm seriously considering making it
take two constants, one for input, and one for output, instead.  The
whole idea is so one can add multiple console models.

To set up standard input/output/error, you must call openconsole()
yourself.  The library will not do this by default, in order to avoid
pulling in a bunch of code that may not be needed.