[syslinux] Vmware now works with pxelinux again

Quinn plattel at tiscali.dk
Thu Oct 21 13:35:50 PDT 2004

Mr E_T wrote:

>I assumed that - but what file do I modify to tell the program about the rom file.
>eg - linux is /etc/vmware/config
>

>>I am asking vmware now about redistribution of the new .rom files until
>>they get a new release out.
>>They do say that after 4.5.2 (8848), these rom files will be included in
>>vmware (just built-in instead of separate files).
>>
>>Quinn

Vmware says the rom files will be in version 5.0 of VMWare.  Regarding
downloading the rom files,
they mention to go here:
http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?forumID=19&threadID=6399&messageID=43633

I don't know about the Windows version of VMWare, but I assume it will
probably be the registry that information is at.  Check out vmware's
website - I think there is a document on that.

Quinn