[syslinux] Syslinux and USB support

Paolo Salvan paolo.salvan at xvision.it
Mon Oct 25 06:00:44 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm writing as I'm an happy user of syslinux/isolinux(pxelinux, as it
has kade booting from floppy/hd/cd simple and reliable...
(I've looked the tons of workaround developers had to develop to
circumvent bugs BIOS bug in isolinux....)

I think that next frontier for syslinux should be USB booting: it
already works, but here also there are a lot of BIOS problem that a
bootloader can help to circumvent...

For excample, the spb2_mbr.sec (distributed woth SPBLinux, look at
http://home.tele2.ch/spblinux/usbboot.zip) can help circumvent USB
geometry BIOS bugs...

This is probably code that could be included in syslinux, and that will
make happy a lot of users...

I'd like some comments, bye!

Paolo