[syslinux] booting suse 9.2 live cd (uses isolinux)

Tomasz Frelik tfrelik at hektor.umcs.lublin.pl
Sat Oct 30 04:54:44 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have downloaded and burned Suse 9.2 Live CD. The problem is, it won't
boot. I get "searching for boot record on CDROM... not found" message and
then system just boots from hard drive. Other bootable cdroms work, it's
just suse that doesn't.

I post this here because suse live cd uses isolinux (isolinux.cfg below).
Is there a way to make the cd boot, maybe using a floppy as an
intermediary? vmlinuz is 1 520 KB, initrd.gz 36 274 KB.

default linux

LABEL linux
   KERNEL vmlinuz
   APPEND initrd=initrd.gz splash=silent showopts

# failsafe
label failsafe
   kernel vmlinuz
   append initrd=initrd.gz splash=silent showopts ide=nodma apm=off
acpi=off

implicit	0
gfxboot		bootlogo
display		txtmsg