[syslinux] PXE Bootdisk

Howard Young Howard.Young at aul.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 10:48:02 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have read about the ether boot site but so far as I could tell (though I am not the sharpest tool in the box) it required that one purchase boot proms and I had no luck in finding a uk reseller; or at least one who charged a sufficiently low price i.e. £4 or less. This is why I hoped to created a 3.5" floppy boot disk which would effectively boot as though a pxe rom.

As much as I would love to dig out the old prom writer from the attic I think my manager would frown. , then give me a piece of paper saying go and work for someone else.

No doubt I have not understood the documentation on Ether boot? so I must ask if this is the case or is it possible to generate a boot floppy that readdresses its self as the bootrom - or something equally as beyond my own understanding but similar in function?

Tattered Regards

Howard