[syslinux] bootable floppy image question

Ante Lazarusic lazo at ktf-split.hr
Wed Sep 8 07:45:40 PDT 2004

Hello,
I'd be very grateful if someone can help me with the process of creating
bootable floppy images to be used with isolinux/memdisk.

I usually do the following:

label image
 	kernel memdisk
 	append initrd=/bootdisk/image.img floppy

(lines in isolinux.cfg file)

Sometimes I pass memdisk the c/h/s parameters, depending on the image
size. I have learned from this mailing list how to create different,
non-standard sized images. Everything works fine while I use the floppy
images created with rawwrite or dd directly off a floppy, and then
eventually resized with mkdosfs. But I've come to the point where I can
find no solution.
To be specific, I would like to use windows xp pe bootable cd like an
image. Anyway, it doesn't neccessarily have to be winxp pe, it could, for
example, be any live linux cd (movix, knoppix mame...). I just want to
know how to create (or use already created) *.iso image that will work
with memdisk's multiple choices.

Best regards,

--
Ante Lazarusic