[syslinux] Western Digital Diagnostic Utilities problems...

Jernej Simončič jernej at ena.si
Wed Sep 22 14:53:32 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, September 22, 2004, 23:21:55, Blaauw,Bernd B. wrote:

> Don't know if you're an WD employee, or what you exactly want from this
> diagnosis tool, but I can recommend TESTDISK
> http://www.cgsecurity.org/index.html?testdisk.html

He probably has some WD disks, and manufacturer's own disk test programs
almost always offer more options than 3rd party utilities (eg. many of these
programs allow you to relocate bad sectors without needing to reformat the
disk etc.) They're freely available on the Internet.

> what's the operating system on your WDDIAG bootdisk?
> VER or VER /R should generally provide this info once the image has booted.

IIRC, both WD and Maxtor use Caldera DR-DOS 7 (or OpenDOS).

--
< Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

If you have only one nail, it will bend.
       -- Carpenters Law