[syslinux] Spam on this list

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Tue Sep 28 11:34:26 PDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 10:09:21AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently there has been a flurry of spam to this mailing list.  I'm
> considering switching the list to "subscriber post only" as a result.
> If you send from and receive to different addresses (like I do, for
> example), you need to subscribe your send-from address as a "no mail"
> address.

envelope address or From:?

I limited a mailing list I admin to subscriber only, checking the From:,
but had to change to full moderation. Spam stoped, but some virus are
getting quite smart...

I didn't consider checking the envelope address as it's quite
inconvenient for someone like me that sends email from different machins
on different networks.

But I don't object.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha