[syslinux] Loading Xen with PXELinux

Tim Deegan Tim.Deegan at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 5 03:34:07 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 11:21:42PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> By the way, the way to do this is probably with the com32 and the
> shuffle API.

Yep, that was my plan.  The com32 API and libraries are excellent; they
should make this relatively straightforward.  I'm not sure about using
the shuffle-and-boot call -- since Multiboot kernels expect to start in
32-bit mode, I'll probably do the shuffling and booting in the module
(after calling the syslinux "Final cleanup"), or else add a "shuffle and
jump in 32-bit mode" function (but I'm not sure about making changes in
the syslinux code and com32 api for something that probably won't be
useful for anything else).

> I have a high-level library routine that should take care
> most of the gruntwork of using the shuffle API, I just haven't had time
> to put it in the release yet.  I'll try to get that out in the next
> prerelease, since it *is* actually finished and tested.

Cheers!

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan                           (My opinions, not the University's)
Systems Research Group