[syslinux] memdisk - reboot loaded image

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 5 17:00:20 PDT 2005

To reboot
---------
You can write a really small program to do this.
Create a file called "reboot.com". The assembly code should be

JMP FFFF:0000

thats it. This location contains the BIOS code which reboots the
machine. You should be able to create this using the "debug.exe" utility
in three lines.

If you are unable to do this, let me know, I will try to get the .COM file.

To save information
No, you cannot make any changes to the image, when you boot off the
memdisk image. Depending on what information you want to save and what
it is for, you might be able to something about it.

- Murali