[syslinux] Re: No boot: prompt with ISOLINUX 3.07

Paul Dickson paul at permanentmail.com
Tue Apr 5 21:07:45 PDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:19:02 +0200, Klaus Franken wrote:

> On http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/2005-March/004980.html Paul wrote:
>
> > > Looks like it might be uninitialized data.  vk_appendlen is only set by
> > > the APPEND and LABEL functions, BUT the LABEL function (referenced first
> > > in the config file) first calls commit_vk.
> >
> > This patch to 5 resolves my problem, although you might want to
> > move it some place else and/or increase the area being initialized:
> >

> Thank you, I had the same problem and this patch works well for me!
>
> Surprisingly I don't have the problem on my VIA Samuel 2, but on another
> machine with an old AMD-K6 366 MHz processor.
>
> The patch isn't included in 3.08pre6 yet. Paul: do you plan to include this or
> do you have another solution?
>
> 	Klaus

I did not see this reply on the mailing list, perhaps you are not a list
subscriber and the message still needs to be approved... This should get
through...

My patch is not in 3.08-pre6, but without other reports of the problem
and the success of my fix, it's probably a low priority.

I'm pretty much finished with any further changes to the patch.  I
learned a lot about the code by poking around the changed bits, but I
don't even partially grok the code, so I don't know of anything further I
can (or should) do.

	-Paul