[syslinux] Re: No boot: prompt with ISOLINUX 3.07

Klaus Franken Klaus.Franken at strukturpunkt.de
Wed Apr 6 01:28:05 PDT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2005 06:42 schrieb H. Peter Anvin:
> Paul Dickson wrote:
> > I did not see this reply on the mailing list, perhaps you are not a list
> > subscriber and the message still needs to be approved... This should get
> > through...

Yes, I'm new to the list and the first mail was rejected because the mime type
wasn't allowed (PGP signed).

> > My patch is not in 3.08-pre6, but without other reports of the problem
> > and the success of my fix, it's probably a low priority.

I don't agree. We know at least two standard machines doesn't boot any more.
This is a very frustrating problem and not erveryone is able to find a
solution.

> > I'm pretty much finished with any further changes to the patch.  I
> > learned a lot about the code by poking around the changed bits, but I
> > don't even partially grok the code, so I don't know of anything further I
> > can (or should) do.
>
> Don't worry, I'll add it.  3.08-pre6 was something I had to get out in a
> hurry, because one of my own hosts depended on it.

Fine!

--
        Klaus Franken, StrukturPunkt Beck & Franken GdbR
        E-Mail: Klaus.Franken at StrukturPunkt.de