[syslinux] memdisk - reboot loaded image

Quinn plattel at tiscali.dk
Thu Apr 7 03:39:19 PDT 2005

QEMM386.SYS has been using this technique for years.  The feature is
called Quickboot.  I've tested it with
memdisk and it works perfectly.  Anything I write to the ramdisk is
still there when using Quickboot - and as the
name implies it is "quick".  QEMM386 redirects the reboot handler for
CTRL-ALT-DEL so when I press CTRL-ALT-DEL
it skips POST and boots from the memdisk image in memory.  :-)

Quinn