[syslinux] Transferring boot sequence to hard disk

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Wed Apr 13 03:25:45 PDT 2005

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:09:35 -0400
lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote:

> I use syslinux to make bootable USB sticks.  I would like to offer
> the choice, right at the beginning, to either continue booting from
> the USB stick, or to boot as usual from the hard disk.  Is this
> psossible to do with syslinux ?

I forgot to specify, the hard disk is formatted ext3 and already has
lilo installed on it.  The USB stick runs Linux.

If this is not possible with syslinux, would it be with extlinux ?  I
don't mind formatting the bootable USB stick with an ext filesystem if
that makes it easier to transfer the boot sequence to the hard disk
afterwards.

Thanks,

Al