[syslinux] PXElinux and configs

Klaus Franken Klaus.Franken at strukturpunkt.de
Wed Apr 13 07:15:42 PDT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 13. April 2005 14:34 schrieb Paul Hedderly:
> I'm just wondering if there is an easy way to do this...
>
> My pxelinux.cfg/default is getting very long... and I'd like to make it
> shorter by spliting it up into sections which would load other config
> files.
>
> So basically I want to do something like the grub:
> 	"configfile (nd)/other.lst"

Interesting question!

I have another example for a usefull usage: PXE Server with configuration for
many clients. The clients configuration are different in some details, lets
say the "default", but the rest is the same config. To avoid redundance by
copying the default config file for every client (i.e. named by mac adress)
it would be better to create a config file for one client:

	default linux
	include default.cfg

With this you can change the default config without touching the client
config.

--
        Klaus Franken, StrukturPunkt Beck & Franken GdbR
        E-Mail: Klaus.Franken at StrukturPunkt.de