[syslinux] memdisk and smb

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Apr 22 15:11:55 PDT 2005

Carl Karsten wrote:
> I am trying to get pxe, memdisk, win98 floppy image, 3com universal,
> net.exe to map a drive.  I get to the NET LOGIN command and get
>
> Error 8: There is not enough memory available.

I dug up qemm386.sys, and it says

"Cannot load because No room for Page Frame" on one box (toshiba 6100)
and on a Dell V333, it thew a CPU excpetion.

I tried "a bunch" of qemm settings, nothing worked.

I guess it is w98 that is crashing, that is what is being booted from
floppy.

Any sugestions on how to get this to work?

Carl K