[syslinux] Booting another isolinux.bin with isolinux

Christian Schneider ch_schneider_hi at freenet.de
Wed Apr 27 07:03:07 PDT 2005

Hi!

Am Mittwoch, 27. April 2005 03:21 schrieb H. Peter Anvin:
> It does not work.

But I am able to boot a "no emulation" boot image (extracted e.g. from a
Windows CD/Bart's Windows PE) with isolinux. Where is the difference
between this image and the first 2048 bytes of isolinux?

(When I use mkisofs to create a boot CD with isolinux or to create a
BartPE CD (without isolinux; using the Windows boot image) the only
difference is the "-boot-info-table" option in case of the isolinux CD.
That is why in example I thought that adding this table to the second
isolinux after creating the iso image could work.)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Christian