[syslinux] Survey: SYSLINUX: 2.13 works, 3.0x don't

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Aug 5 10:12:18 PDT 2005

Okay, this applies particularly to SYSLINUX, not ISO/PXE/EXTLINUX.

If you have a system on which 2.13 boots and 3.0x don't, I would like to
get as much information as possible about it.  In particular, I would
like to know:

    - What device are you booting from (floppy, USB, IDE harddrive...)
    - Motherboard manufacturer/model
    - CPU manufacturer/model (a dump of /proc/cpuinfo would be ideal)
    - BIOS revision
    - SCSI card manufacturer, if applicable
    - Does 2.20-pre1 also break on this system
    - Did you send me hardware (I have at least one motherboard sent to
      me which I failed to record exactly what it was for.)

Please send this even if you have sent it before; the last year has been
tumultuous enough that my memory is pretty short.