[syslinux] Survey: SYSLINUX: 2.13 works, 3.0x don't

robotti at godmail.com robotti at godmail.com
Sat Aug 6 17:28:19 PDT 2005

>Oops, I should have ignored the empty message.

Right, I made a mistake and sent one message without a body.

>>On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 03:01:51PM +0700, robotti at godmail.com wrote:
>>
>>2.20-pre1 also doesn't work.
>>
>>Anything later than 2.13 probably doesn't work.
>>
>>I'm booting from a 128MB USB flash drive.
>>
>>This is some info for the CPU and BIOS.
><snip> about 800 lines</snip>

>That was information on the constant factor,
>the things that wouldn't change.

Okay, this applies particularly to SYSLINUX, not ISO/PXE/EXTLINUX.

If you have a system on which 2.13 boots and 3.0x don't, I would like to
get as much information as possible about it.  In particular, I would
like to know:

    - What device are you booting from (floppy, USB, IDE harddrive...)
    - Motherboard manufacturer/model
    - CPU manufacturer/model (a dump of /proc/cpuinfo would be ideal)
    - BIOS revision
    - SCSI card manufacturer, if applicable
    - Does 2.20-pre1 also break on this system
    - Did you send me hardware (I have at least one motherboard sent to
      me which I failed to record exactly what it was for.)

Please send this even if you have sent it before; the last year has been
tumultuous enough that my memory is pretty short.

I sent that info because it was requested (above) that information be sent
to help figure out why syslinux versions later than 2.13 had problems
booting.