Regarding: [syslinux][OT] Survey: SYSLINUX: 2.13 works, 3.0x don't

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Mon Aug 8 11:18:56 PDT 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 07:28:19AM +0700, robotti at godmail.com wrote:
> Geert Stappers wrote:
    <snip/>

> >>This is some info for the CPU and BIOS.
> ><snip> about 800 lines</snip>
>
> >That was information on the constant factor,
> >the things that wouldn't change.

> Okay, this applies particularly to SYSLINUX, not ISO/PXE/EXTLINUX.
>
> If you have a system on which 2.13 boots and 3.0x don't, I would like to

  <snip> yes, now I recognise it </snip>

>     - Did you send me hardware (I have at least one motherboard sent to
>       me which I failed to record exactly what it was for.)
>
> Please send this even if you have sent it before; the last year has been
> tumultuous enough that my memory is pretty short.
>
>         -hpa
>
> I sent that info because it was requested (above) that information be sent
> to help figure out why syslinux versions later than 2.13 had problems
> booting.

Thank you for the clarification.
My apology for not matching the reply with the request.

Seems like I rely to much on threaded E-mails.  Sorry.

Some food for thougth:

  I think the trouble could had been avoided when the reply
  would have been placed below the request.

Cheers
Geert Stappers