[syslinux] 3.10pre8 & ipod shuffle

Alexander Heinz mailsanmich at gmx.li
Sun Aug 14 07:41:49 PDT 2005

Hello!

I own an Ipod shuffle (512MB) and I am having trouble booting from it
using syslinux 3.10pre8 (I have not tested older versions).

I guess the Ipod shuffle works just like an ordinary USB key with a
FAT32 partition so I have read http://syslinux.zytor.com/usbkey.php.

My BIOS identifies it as a hard disk, so I hope I do not have to modify
the geometry. Windows assigns the drive letter g: to it.

Here is what I did:
syslinux -sma g: (there is no error msg)

But all I get after the reboot is:
SYSLINUX 3.10 3.10-pre8 EBIOSLoad error - Boot error

What should I try to do? Modify the geometry?

Cheers
Alex