[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.10-pre11

Alexander Heinz mailsanmich at gmx.li
Thu Aug 18 15:21:31 PDT 2005

> I have just pushed out SYSLINUX 3.10-pre11.  This version hopefully
> should fix Curtis' bug (display file garbage) as well as the NOESCAPE
> problem.  Curtis, Alex and Paul, could you try this version out, please?

The NOESCAPE problem is not fixed. I can still interrupt loading with
ctrl-c and get a syslinux prompt: I do not need a password for password
protected entries.

There is a (new?) bug in menu.c32:
LABEL hda1 requires a password ("gaga") although there is no
corresponding line with MENU PASSWD for this label.
Adding further LABELs without a MENU PASSWD line after the LABEL hda1
results in password ("gaga") protected menu entries. (No password should
be required!)

My pxelinux.cfg/default:
DEFAULT menu
PROMPT 0