[syslinux] 10-pre19 ok on pxelinux, w menu32

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Aug 22 16:46:22 PDT 2005

Jim Cromie wrote:

> I am on serial - 115kbaud.
>
> Ive no reason to think theyre non-standard.
> FWIW, I can use picocom to vi a file, modulo size-of-screen issues.
>
> OTOH, it might / could explain the narrow screen paint when
> pxelinux first boots.

No, this is more likely a bug in the BIOS.  Are you using some kind of
virtualized serial, or are you using the serial support in PXELINUX (via
a "serial" command in the config file)?

> I'll take a look at the source asap, to see what I can find out.
> Or is there a reasonable way to inspect it ?
>
> I'll try running picocom inside a script session, that has captured
> ctrl chars in the past.

That might be useful.  Most likely, though, is that you're simply
dropping characters; dropping the baud rate might help.