[syslinux] 10-pre19 ok on pxelinux, w menu32

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Aug 22 18:49:23 PDT 2005

Jim Cromie wrote:
> whoa. just cut-pasted off the serial console/window.
> you can see the  ~16 char + linefeed thing here.

The early part there is written before PXELINUX has read the
configuration file, so it's what the serial emulation in the BIOS obtains.

> PXELINUX 3.10 3.10-pre19  Copyright (C) 1994-2005 H. Peter Anvin
> .audrate is    : 19200
> erity is      : none
> databits are   : 8
> escape is      : C-x
> noinit is      : no
>
> further, theres something odd going on with page-feed or something.
> there are linefeeds, but they seem to get hidden by a 'page-back',
> kind of the way a `less file` restores the screen to its prior content
> when you quit it.
>
> on a subsequent reboot, they dont appear at all, during the boot itself,
> or scrolling back up either.
>

>>> I'll take a look at the source asap, to see what I can find out.
>>> Or is there a reasonable way to inspect it ?
>>>
>>> I'll try running picocom inside a script session, that has captured
>>> ctrl chars in the past.
>>
> sent to you off-list
>
>> That might be useful.  Most likely, though, is that you're simply
>> dropping characters; dropping the baud rate might help.
>>
> the above was at 19200.
> ctrl N,P do next/prev-page, arrows are flakey

Looks like you're dropping bytes left, right and center.  The P/N change
isn't in -pre19.  I just made a -pre20 to flush my tree out; in other
words, it's identical with what I currently intend 3.10 to become.