[syslinux] patch: SDI Xpe images support for pxelinux

Ardill, Robert (DTEI) robert.ardill at saugov.sa.gov.au
Mon Aug 22 21:43:57 PDT 2005

>Velu Erwan wrote:
>>>The real reason is it dropped off my mental list, since I don't have
any
>>>way to test this stuff.
>>>
>>>Either way, I would actually prefer to see this done as a COM32
module,
>>>similar to mboot, rather in the syslinux core if at all possible.
>>
>> I don't have the skill to do it but I can give my help for testing.
>>

>Since I don't have either spec nor images I (nor time) I can't do it
>either, obviously.
>
>	-hpa

If you want to load SDI images you can use WinPE instead of XPe. You'll
need to patch the ntldr and startrom.com to point to different winnt.sif
files (to load different images) but you can get it to work very nicely.

Plus you don't need to import the ntldr blobs etc. Just need a part/disk
BLOB.

Does this help?

Rob

-default-
default local
timeout 300
prompt 1
display msgs/boot.msg

F1 msgs/help.msg
F2 msgs/boot.msg
F3 msgs/info.msg
label soe
    kernel 1/startrom.bs

label bart
    kernel 2/startrom.bs

-winnt.sif- (renamed to 1/win.sif)
[SetupData]
BootDevice = "ramdisk(0)"
BootPath = "\i386\System32\"
OsLoadOptions = "/noguiboot /fastdetect /minint /rdimageoffset=36352
/rdpath=1\w2ksoe.sdi"

-winnt.sif- (renamed 2/win.sif)
[SetupData]
BootDevice = "ramdisk(0)"
BootPath = "\i386\System32\"
OsLoadOptions = "/noguiboot /fastdetect /minint /rdimageoffset=36352
/rdpath=2\bartpe.sdi"