[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.10-pre20 menu.32 hang in SIS900 bootrom

Steven Shiau steven at nchc.org.tw
Tue Aug 23 03:30:08 PDT 2005

Hi, HPA:
Thanks for the nice new features, appreciate that. Syslinux is always a
nice program.
For the new version, 3.10-pre20, I encountered a problem now, my client
machine uses sis900 chip, and it still can not run simple menu with
pxelinux in this version (3.10-pre20).
It's same situation as I encountered when I used syslinux 3.07, 3.08 and
3.09.
For 3.10-pre20, I compiled in Fedora Core 1, and gcc is "gcc (GCC) 3.3.2
20031022 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.2-1)".
I configed pxelinux as simple menu, i.e. put "default menu.c32" in my
pxelinux.cfg/default.
But when SIS900 client boots, it hang in
--------------------------------
Trying to load : pxelinux.cfg/01-00-0c-76-e2-62-2f
Trying to load : pxelinux.cfg/C0A8A803
Trying to load : pxelinux.cfg/default
. <- stop here
As for the same pxelinux.cfg/default, it works for e100, rtl8139, pcnet32.
I tried to use simple.c32, and it works.

Is that possible I can use pxelinux simple menu in the sis900 client in
this coming version ? What info shall I provide so that you can make
this magic happen ?

Thanks.