[syslinux] Usin ISO Linux & Memdisk to create a Viritual Floppy drive that Linux & Windows can load driver disk from.

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Tue Aug 23 06:02:18 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am able to load a floppy image into Memdisk and when this fail to boot
the system load MS-DOS from the HardDrive. I am able to read the
information on the Memdisk floppy image using "dir a:" in DOS.

Is there any way to get ISOLINUX to then halt ask to insert a CD and
then boot of the CD?

Maby install SYSLINUX or an other bootloader on the floppy disk image
that can get the system to boot from CD?
Maby a COM32 image (32-bit COMBOOT) would be the easiest way to go?

Eaven get memdisk to just load the image into memory without trying boot
it, just dropping me back to the ISOLINUX prompt?

--
Harald