[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.10-pre20 menu.32 hang in SIS900 bootrom

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Aug 23 17:07:10 PDT 2005

steven at nchc.org.tw wrote:
> Hi HPA:
> As for the simple menu, it never works in SIS900 chips.
> If running without the menu.c32 system, it works. Actually I can do
> now for sis900 client is just to change the "default menu.c32" to something like "default memtest" as:

Interesting.  I am finding a boatload of bug reports regarding SiS900
and PXE, covering pretty all kinds of bootloaders and operating systems:
pxegrub, WinXP, ...

It sounds like Etherboot can be chainloaded and used as a proper PXE
stack, which is kind of a roundabout way of doing it (it can also be
flashed into the ROM of course.)

Without actually having access to one of these systems I don't think
I'll be able to do anything about it.