[syslinux] Request for assistance: grubby

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 13:34:12 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 13:17 +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 06:51:42PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> > I wonder if there would be anyone who would be willing to add extlinux
> > support to RedHat's grubby program.  From the looks of it, they already
> > have grub, lilo, zipl, elilo, yaboot, and silo support, so I can't
> > imagine it's that complex.
>

> I tried to find the homepage of `grubby`, but didn't succeed.
>
> sources.redhat.com is redirected to http://sourceware.org/projects.html,
> but no `grubby` entry over there.
>
> Any one having a URL to homepage of `grubby` ?

There's not one -- the best thing to do is probably just to work off of
the most recent mkinitrd (grubby is part of mkinitrd) package in the
Fedora Core developement tree, which is at

ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPMS/mkinitrd-4.2.21-1.src.rpm

And mail patches to me.
--
        Peter