[syslinux] MEMDISK bug in Syslinux 3.10

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Aug 25 10:33:05 PDT 2005

Bernd Blaauw wrote:

> I tested only 3.10final. After that I detected the bug by accident.
> It's absolutely not the case of 'test interim release, wait with signup
> until final released'.
>
> As I'm no programmer (except for some ancient DOS batchfile scripting),
> I'll stick to Memdisk 3.09 instead of (re)compiling Memdisk.
> After a next prerelease sometime has been published I'll update the
> Memdisk binary that I have :)

I know.  I'm a bit upset because I did *21* prereleases of 3.10 trying
to get people's feedback before the release.

This is what I'm going to do:

- I don't believe in sitting on bug fixes, so I'll push this fix out as
3.11-pre1.  If nothing else has accumulated in the next few days, it'll
be 3.11, hence confirming the tradition of syslinux releases in pairs :(

- I'll set up a syslinux-announce mailing list for syslinux release and
prerelease announcements.