[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.11-pre3 -- release candidate

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Fri Aug 26 09:33:28 PDT 2005

H. Peter Anvin schreef:

> Discarded, replaced with "floppy=1".

I finally read up on documentation, and indeed 'floppy=N' parameter is
mentioned there. Any valid numbers aren't mentioned, but as MEMDISK is
usually only meant for DOS, valid numbers are 0 and 1.
I don't know if it depends on my VMware 5.5 bios, but when using
'floppy=1', Memdisk reports the 360KB image I load as 'harddrive' ,
while 'floppy' (same for 'floppy=0') reports 'disk image is a floppy'

Perhaps I should be testing with MSDOS instead of FreeDOS, as the
bootsector of the disk image is involved?

> MEMDISK itself?  No.

So there's a decompression engine for disk images, but none for
compressed files you want to run?
That would mean the program you want to run itself would have to support
(de)compression.

> UTF-8 Unicode *is* text only.

Always nice to learn new things :)

Bernd