[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.11-pre3 -- release candidate

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Fri Aug 26 10:52:45 PDT 2005

H. Peter Anvin schreef:
>> I don't know if it depends on my VMware 5.5 bios, but when using
>> 'floppy=1', Memdisk reports the 360KB image I load as 'harddrive' ,
>> while 'floppy' (same for 'floppy=0') reports 'disk image is a floppy'
>>

> Bug confirmed and fixed; pushing it out as 3.11-pre4.

tested but unable to test completely (boot to DOS commandprompt)
now floppy is reported instead of harddrive, but I cannot boot the
image. Don't know if I have to blame BIOS for that, or disk image
bootsector and/or kernel. Tried FreeDOS and Win98.

Is there a default/reference configuration that works?
-BIOS (preferable the one of an emulator like Bochs or QEMU)
-payload/diskette_image

or is the 'boot memdisk image succesfully as B:' merely a theoretical
possibility?
I don't mind either possibility, as people (including me) will usually
boot from A: anyway, but some people wanted Memdisk as B:

The specific message I get is:

"Int 13 08: Failure, assuming this is the only drive"

after that FreeDOS bootsector boots but hangs, probably expects A:..

so after all: bug fixed, yet unable to test it's working completely for 100%

Bernd