[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.11-pre6 -- release candidate

Jim Cromie jim.cromie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 21:16:43 PDT 2005

H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> The command-line changes that had to be made convinced me to add
> proper command-line editing (arrow keys and all that) to the simple
> menu system, plus there is now a countdown display for the timeout.
>
> Please test it out; I still intend to release on Tuesday unless
> something comes up.  Feel free to comment on the aestetics, by the way.
>
> http://www.zytor.com/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/

or more availably :-) at

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/

as for the aesthetics;

cursor keys dont move edit-cursor for me, they give DBCA for
left,down,right,up
keybindings are interesting:
 ^A,^E is familiar to emacs users,
but ^N, ^P are suprising substitutes for ^B, ^F
(Oddly though, I tried N,P 1st - but I cant recall if thats somehow
customary)

No redraw if I widen or narrow the window
(forex when bootline is shown, and no countdown urging me to hit return)
Not that I want it or will ever miss it.

no timeout once hotkey + tab is pressed.  seems appropriate,
and an unlikely noise sequence.

Works for me.