[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.11-pre6 -- release candidate

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sat Aug 27 22:37:07 PDT 2005

Jim Cromie wrote:

> as for the aesthetics;
>
> cursor keys dont move edit-cursor for me, they give DBCA for
> left,down,right,up

Do you know what codes your terminal sends for the cursor keys?

> keybindings are interesting:
> ^A,^E is familiar to emacs users,
> but ^N, ^P are suprising substitutes for ^B, ^F
> (Oddly though, I tried N,P 1st - but I cant recall if thats somehow
> customary)

Okay, that's a bug.  Perhaps I should use ^B and ^F for page up/page
down (equivalent to left and right arrow) in the menu portion as well.

> No redraw if I widen or narrow the window
> (forex when bootline is shown, and no countdown urging me to hit return)
> Not that I want it or will ever miss it.

That one I can't help; there simply is no way to represent SIGWINCH over
serial console (unlike over telnet/ssh.)  If there was, it would be easy
to do.  You're just going to have to press Ctrl-L.