[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.11-pre8 -- release candidate

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Aug 29 11:10:12 PDT 2005

Samuel Clements wrote:
> Well, that was easy - the breakage appears to occur moving from
> 3.10-pre21 to 3.11-pre1. Sorry I didn't catch this earlier. It's kinda
> hard to try each and every pre as they come out, and there have been a
> lot over the last few days! ;)

Okay... it seems you were the unwitting beneficiary of a bug in those
releases (and yes, it's the damned equipment byte again.)  The big
question is what to do about it, since unfixing it obviously will break
other systems.

I need some information from you:

a. Does this system have any physical floppy disks?
b. Can you boot DOS either using a real floppy or using MEMDISK in *HARD
DISK MODE* and enter the following commands and tell me the output:

debug
d 0:410 l1
a 100
mov ah,8