[syslinux] Re: SYSLINUX Digest, Vol 33, menu.c32 chaining

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Sat Dec 3 05:05:55 PST 2005

Somani K. schreef:
> hi, alex
>     i think you are booting dos using pxelinux can u please help me
> with one thing how can i solve convential memory probelm in dos after
> insufficient memory problem..
what's your required amount of conventional memory for the FoxPro based
programs?

by "loading network driver" you mean the entire MS TCP/IP stack?
http://www.veder.com/nwdsk/index.html
is a site which has a MS TCP/IP bootdisk which can show you how much
conventional memory is available (typically only 500KB).

various internet sites probably will have further hints for optimizing
DOS memory usage, but if you absolutely require the MS network stack,
then you might have a huge problem. I guess it's the only SMB stack
available for DOS?

Bernd