[syslinux] PxeLinux menu.c32 chaining

Samuel Clements sclements at linkline.com
Tue Dec 13 16:28:21 PST 2005

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Klaus Mueller wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> many of our platforms do not have a integrated floppy, some even don't
>> have a floppy controller. As pxelinux still has a problem with
>> machines without a floppy in combination with some bios versions I
>> need to chainload a different bootstrap loader which works on the
>> floppyless platforms. But I also need to load a BartPE and the other
>> BS loader does not support that. So I tried to use menu.c32 but did
>> not succeed.
>>

> Do you have any details on pxelinux having problems with no floppy?
>
>     -hpa

I had the Intel 945G board that was having similar problems a few months
back, but you fixed it. I have recently run across a laptop that seems
to exhibit the same problem however. With no physical floppy, I get a
Invalid disk error. With a USB floppy attached, my MS-DOS images boot
just fine. I can fill you in with the specifics as you'd like...
   -Sam