[syslinux] Making tftp-hpa ignore files

Chris Verges chverges at cisco.com
Fri Dec 16 13:16:00 PST 2005

Hey folks,

Is there any way to make tftp-hpa ignore certain files in the tftpboot
directory (-s /tftpboot) based on their filenames?  We're running into
an issue where users place an auto-config file in the directory and then
about 3,000 routers download this, overriding their correct
configurations.  Obviously the root issue is that people are placing
these files there in the first place, but if we could use an "ignore
list" to just not honor those requests at the TFTP server, it would
greatly reduce the problems we've been experiencing.

Thanks!

Chris Verges
chverges at cisco.com
408 525-0401