[syslinux] problem with PXElinux and security of local LAN

Jason Keltz jas at cs.yorku.ca
Mon Dec 19 10:43:57 PST 2005

That solution sounds interesting albeit a bit complex for me to
implement.   I'm not sure that I quite understand 3.  If the comboot
code asks for a DHCP value, and that value is sent across the wire
encrypted, that seems to require adjusting that code on the DHCP
configuration on a regular basis as well...  further, I also wonder if
it would be possible for a machine to insert itself between step 3 and
4... but definately food for thought.

Jason.